Few elements add interest to a garden better than a well-placed tree, and even the smallest of gardens can accommodate one. But trees are long-term investments, so it's worth knowing exactly what you want before you plant.
Here Alan Titchmarsh guides us through the selection and planting processes, plus how to look after trees to ensure optimum performance and maximum impact.
- How to design with trees and where to plant
- Practicalities of location and aspect
- Ornamental effects for all seasons
- Pests, diseases and problems
- Illustrated gallery of recommended tree