Crete's prehistoric links to Europe, Asia and North Africa have resulted in great plant diversity.
This celebration of an exceptionally rich, yet threatened, flora contains:
- More than 1900 colour photographs of over 800 plants and their habitats
- Chapters on geology, geography, climate, vegetation, crops, ethnobotany and conservation
- A unique picture guide to plants for the Mediterranean gardener
- A checklist of endemic plants, with many illustrated in colour for the first time
- a comprehensive bibliography.
This book is a delightful and essential guide to the flowers of Crete for tourists, botanists and gardeners alike.